Monday, April 28, 2008

Promotion

Haha...
Feels good to be back in work again!!
Sitting here and dream how i spend this big fat salary!! hehe
It comes flashing all these!!

Diamonds and fast cars
Enough money to burn
I got my head in the clouds
I got these thoughts to churn
Got my feet in the sand
I got a house on the hill
I got a headache like a mother
Twice the price of my thrills
An it's a cold day, it's a continental drift
I said this traffic is hell
Can you give me a lift?
And I'll try to paint a story
Got your pictures to tell
Yeah you got to make a living
With what you bring yourself to sell
I got my camera back from customs
Got my law fees up to date
Hell they must have seen me comin'
Ain't this life so great
Yeah, well I'm a frequent
Gold and caviar
Now why ain't you pour my apathy
I'd have all my bases covered
If I could teach my hands to see
I said your laundry could use washing
We'll hang it up all over town
'Till your life's all nice and crisp!! Boy!!.....

"What??? Francis!! Dreaming again!"
The sharp voice woke me up! What the...
I leaned forward and pull a paper which contained the reports I'm due to submit!
While she was reading I was adjusting my comfy chair! Another 20minutes for relaxing!
She was popping her eyes! I was guessing she didn't believe what she was reading!
Asking me to meet me in her bay she left.

Ummn!! I won't be going until this dream break is over! My comfy chair creaked a bit with my leaning! I closed my eyes again when the phone in my desk rang. It was her asking me to meet instantly! I stood up and rub my face and pull my shirt together, locked my workstation and went to meet her.

Ahem!
I was called in. She looked serious.
This was a moment in my life!
My report had me in....
Whoa!! I was a new TL and that even within a very short span of 3and half months of service beating all odds of impossibilities! Over riding more experienced guys and more eligible guys!
So, more service and extra working hours and of extra pay and responsibilities!
What counts told me for my promo was my........etc...praises etc

Thanks, Praise looks good on me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, despite your performance I still believe that GM shouldn't have given you that post. I knew you handle very well but think of it when they got envious of you.