Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My ward's a Hero!

It was around 12:30am. I was still doing my Project IGI! Preparing a sketch for mapping, logs and shoots. My ward K was sitting nearby with a keen watch on what I am doing. Half of my attention was on him. There was a phone call and got up to answer. He was walking around and talking over the phone.

Coming back he said he wanted to have a night walk. We went out and we're down instantly in the silent street. Stopping by a street side bench, we were sitting and gazing at the clear blue sky.
Like this moment had always been my passion. Clear sky, clear air, quiet atmosphere.

Turning my head to the left side I saw two men entering the street and on the right a handicapped (with one arm) riding a cycle. I was calculating where the two parties will meet and i was right for they meet exactly right in front of us. Thought them that they are guys who loved a night like this romance.

Hey...What...What did i saw? How can a normal guy challenged a handicapped? Why is he pushing down from the cycle? why did they start beating a helpless person? They can kill him?

My ward who saw these was boiling all over! He stood up. I pulled him back telling him that its their matter which we don't know and request him not to get involved. I tell him they wouldn't kill. I also warned him of future matters that can get worsened. Was asking him to stay cool and just watch.

He Ignored Me. What a Ward! I was shocked when he released himself from my grip.
He is a quiet guy. He is more into action than words. He just showed that.

He walked up to the two men while i was still sitting! I knew he can handle two or three but I'm doubtful if its more that three. The handicapped was crying loud this time. I knew there were windows shutters around us opening silently.

When my ward walked up to these two guys who at once saw him and took to their fight position.
They are no match to him. He gave some hard kicks and they took to their heels. He helped the guy who was crying and thanking him and he let him go.

He came back and sat beside me. I was quiet and a bit angry. I knew those two cowards will bring in their gang. This is another place and not our own. What will become of us? What the consequences gonna be? I knew they'll come. I always knew this and my sense is telling me.
Why is this fellow disobeying his guardian? Am I a good guardian? Was thinking all of this.
He was calm and opened his mouth to say something but i signed him not to speak. He obeyed.
I hate him disobeying me when obedience is most needed. I told him to be ready for things to come and finish everything once and for all.

I started calling my fellow folks through my mobile and asked them to get ready and stand by and some locals I knew for witness.
I was irritated making calls at this weird hour.

We need not wait long..

There are five men walking briskly towards us and two armed with clubs. The didn't took their previous kick very well. Next instant i finds myself facing a stout, hairy guy with a club the size of my wrist. One of the guy pointed my ward saying he's gonna be theirs. I whistle, one guys of the same feather added our side. none of us armed. Stouty was very tensed and looked me with all the hated displayed from his face. I pointed the two troublemakers and told him of things that happens. He now shouted telling me that it was their problems and not ours (alien, he called)to interfere. I calmly suggested that if their problems can be settled in another street. He retorted saying that they ruled this street.....!! wow wow...I asked if that includes my door. He said if it is in this street its a definitely a YES.

My full attention was now on his right hand where he had his club and then asked him to repeated what he just said. Raising right hand and lifting his club he said one more time.
His death blow doesn't strike. In stead he was kneeling before me yelling and covering his #$%^ with his hands and moaning in pain. All his men are down already and crying.

I grab out stouty's hair and get him an offer which he got to choose:

Option 1. To tell me again if he rule the street where i lived.
Option 2. If he wants another fight he can always have wherever, whenever and whatever.
Option 3. Leave this place and never come back again even if he wants an autograph from m!
He should choose the last one and i'm scared if he had choose te other option. He eventually choose the third option and the started limping towards the exit.

When turning to my boys one of them was vomiting and the director says CUT>

No comments: