Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pongal

Ya! The year starts with a harvest!!

Sugarcanes in lengthy, doorsteps in beauty, decorations in leafy, traffic in weighty, traffic again in empty and IDLY in plenty! as it even fills the pictorial decorations in doorsteps with the sugarcanes having the prominent eye catcher!

As every nations and culture across celebrating harvest festivals, so its time for such one in Chennai. The Pongal festival!

What a tip I gather this evening.....
Sugarcane, Oh! How I love them in my kids days!! Even got my tooth to burn with too much of treacle toffees! Which I find hard to resist and now...yeah! makes me realize my smile had villain effect with the empty sloth in the front...well I now remember there was another famous actor who have it like this!! Hmmn, lets not go far with that excuse! Oh even one gal had it!!

Yes, sugarcane....buy one that looks old or matured, not the young or fresh....
Check the stem! It should have stem, the longer the stem the sweeter the canes....
Check the leaf and you can tell the young plant...
Young and fresh, you ignore them for your own good and benefit...
Old is gold here and see it for yourself!...
A matured sugarcane, a fresh cut and ripe canes is as sweet as sin!!!
Yeah I too just had one!!


Doorstep decoration....TIPS

Well..frankly telling you I don't have any idea how to do with those white powder...
But...
Have a nice decoration, with a sugarcane picture on it and a pot full of IDLY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its not IDLY, it is a pongal rice that is in the pots!!

Anonymous said...

Iva ETOO ve