Saturday, October 11, 2008

Poltergeist!

Poltergeist
a ghost or spirit supposed to manifest its presence by noises, knockings, etc.

Last year October I was in my home state and helping my sister.
I was in school teaching and in hostel looking after pre-matric students.
There are 4 of us hostel assistants or student guardian running the hostel administration.
Another additional guardian and a helper was also there occupying the down base portion of the hostel/house.

I had an assignment and was out of town for two weeks in the same month.
Upon returning from my trip was hearing a ghost stories about the hostel!!!
I was very much interested and eventually started discussing with one of my colleague who was a friend since childhood. He told me what he knew. It happened down in the base.
One night base room occupants had to shift to the upper rooms around 2:30 am.

Instantly i was down in the base room. Ya it sure looks haunted. Then how do I defined its haunted. lemme try...First, the room was dark. second...i don't know what else to say but it real got unconnected to something which i don't know. I looked onto the wall. A group poster of Chelsea FC players was there and the remaining was pasted full with newspaper clips. So which one among the picture is having a high time here and what does it want!! So what does it wants to communicate?? Yeah some questions was left unanswered! who is the ghost?

The occupants are resigned seminarians (2 out of the 3) and i guess i thrust them. The shaking of bed, the tapping of floors, flashes of the watt bulbs, the trampling of the canvased toilet roofs, etc.

However these stories doesn't do rounds with the students and are interpreted in ways of jokes and they had a secure feelings. We started keeping vigil. I keep my mobile alarm at an intervals of every 2 hrs and then checked with torchlights and then will be sleep accordingly. It doesn't occur again. With another assignments to looking after a camping matric students at the other side of the town, i had to spend my nights out of the main hostel. But things are improving fast with the occupants chanting the rosary and other prayers at dusk.

It was never heard again until then.

No comments: