Monday, July 7, 2008

Talking or Writing!!

I say to myself that i am what i am in my talking....in my stress and in my pitch!
for i know that perfect choice of words justifies for perfect speech....
People talked fluently but can't write fluently!! see lots of 'em.....and here is the line that tag the difference between them...and the reason...

The common fluency of speaking in most people is due to their scarcity of words and of matter; for whoever is a master of language and has a mind full of ideas will be apt to hesitate upon the choice of both. And if you look a common speaker having only one set of ideas and one set of words to clothe them in will readily use them. Nothing scared them for their choice and words usages.

So, can I say that common people speak fluently because they have fewer ideas....???
Nope..I can't...but think about this..
Isn't that people come faster out of a church when it is empty than when there is a crowd at the door.

When i was having an interview in one prestigious American based company. (they want themselves not to be called BPO rather they want to be called BPS, short for Business Process Solutions.) my interviewer asked me why i was hesitating two or three times in my speech.
He promptly got a reply in which i say i want to arrange my talking in the most appropriate manner and appropriate choice of words. He understand very well with my point.

In the light of my educational background as English Literature.
I knew somehow people judged me by my vocabulary to express my ideas.
Their expectations was that i should be having a rich variety of ideas and an equally rich vocabulary too. I guess I am aware of this!!
Sometimes i want to tell the whole world that i am a failed orator even in my own language!!
But at least in English i knew i want to build myself at least in some aspects and had already made some remarkable achievements so far.
I hesitate to talk because i was sometimes too choosy while using vocabulary to express.
And the reminder which always flashed across my mind was that English has now become Englishes!.
So i was very much aware that I was sometimes not as fluent as a common speaker.


and maybe in writing....


.........................................

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude....what's min tilom means!!?

Anonymous said...

How can you "arrange your talking", i understand that he understood your point but him "understanding with your point" perplexes me!!

And dudeeeee are you an "English Literature" ????

Anonymous said...

try creative writing, use firefox, use spell check and check too, put the it draft for a few days till you get a nice flow, dont just crap like this!!!

Pumama said...

means 'you're making me happy!'

Pumama said...

just logging some explanation here!

Talking of course can be arranged!
Am not dealing with creative writing here!! and dude or...whoever..Anon!!
am not interested in spell checking when blogging! Spell check is already there when i was typing!
and moreover if you think English literature tries dealing perfect words usages, I'll tell you Shakespeare even fail from a criticism point of view!

A big thanks for your comment! I love it! (honestly saying)

Ruati said...

a ngaihnawm hle mai,Comedian search a ka tel hunah ka chhiar ang male

Pumama said...

Welcome Ruati!
Francisa ziah dan i tia nga!! First prize chu la maithei! kan lawm dawn nia!